- The UEA+MOVES Couch to 5k 2021 group will be live from the 1st February 2021 until 31st December 2021.
- We recommended people download the couch to 5k app which outlines the detail of each activity in more depth and gives users more support in completing the programme, including the chance to listen to podcasts.
- In the UEA+MOVES Couch to 5k 2021 group we have replicated all 27 (3 x 9 weeks) of the Couch to 5k app’s activities with each of our challenges including a description of what you need to do for that activity as per the instructions from the app.
- The coach to 5k app can be downloaded here for Apple users or here for Android users.
- We have set each of the 27 runs up as a challenge on UEA+Moves so people can also get rewarded with Moves points to spend on rewards alongside getting the satisfaction of completing the app programme.
- To further incentive users to complete the UEA+Moves Couch to 5km challenges each challenge is worth double points so rather than receiving 45pts per mile, users will receive 90pts.
- People can only do each UEA+Moves challenge once.
- For each challenge the run distance has been calculated in miles based on the approximate time it would take to complete the challenge and the distance the average person would cover in the time of each activity. For example:
o Week 1 challenge, approx. distance = 3K = 1.86 miles =167 points.
o Week 2 challenge, approx. distance = 3.7K= 2.2 miles = 189 points.
- The distance of each run challenge increases as the programme progresses as it is expected participants will be covering a greater distance.
- We wish you luck in taking those first steps on your 5k journey and hope you enjoy using Moves to help keep you motivated to complete the programme. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com.