UEA 7s Festival - 2021
Our UEA Rugby 7s Festival 2021 will be taking place on Saturday 26th June 2021 at our Colney Lane Playing Fields.
• Playing standard World Rugby 7’s Rules – to see a detailed breakdown of these rules here.
• We have 3 formats to enter:
- Men’s Open- Capped at 5 teams – everyone will play each other in pool play. 5th placed team will not play again – 1v4 2v3, then with 3rd/4th play off and final.
- Women’s Open – capped at 6 teams – everyone will play each other in pool play. 5th & 6th placed teams will not play again – 1v4, 2v3, then with 3rd/4th play off and final.
- Men’s Social – capped at 5 teams – everyone will play each other in pool play – with a straight out final 1v2.
• Squads can consist of up to 12 players, with no more than 7 on a pitch at any one time. Rolling substitutions will be in place.
• Captains/coaches must report each match score to the HQ after each game.
How to register:
If you want to register a team, then please use the team entry form below or contact uea+sport via email@example.com. Once we have received your entry form we will be in contact with you to confirm your place.
The entry fee per team is £50. This can be paid on the day at the welcome desk.
The winning teams of the Men’s and Women’s Open will receive a cash prize of £100.
Teams are requested to wear the same colours for match fixtures and where possible bring an alternative colour in a case of a clash.
A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to themselves or another player, including any kind of jewellery. Jewellery which is potentially dangerous and cannot be easily removed should be taped.
Players should wear appropriate footwear, to compete in.
First aid qualified staff will be on duty at all times, in the case of an injury, please contact a Festival Administrator immediately.